Updated: Feb 18, 2021
Dear Mothers in Business,
Sometimes it can be overwhelming to maintain a balance between the responsibilities of work and life as a whole. All of us have moments when life seems to be so out of balance, and the demands of the exterior world just keep on pulling us apart. However, for mothers, the challenges get enormously huge because they have to deal with multiple issues at the same time.
In this article, we shall try to make your process of finding balance less and less tiring. Be with us!
1. Reach out for Support: This is very important. Your family and friends can see and understand your struggle on both fronts. Communicate to them. Tell them how important your work is for you, and that you might need their cooperation in comfortably running your business. Allow them to pitch in for help whenever they like.
Make a plan that actually works for you. Recently, a fellow female entrepreneur shared her routine that seems like a great solution for stay at home mothers in business. She starts and spends her day following an office timeline, and in the night, she does all the chores with her partner.
The key here is to make sure that the people around you understand the value of your work and contribute to support you.
2. Set the schedule for your whole day: Plan the activities of your day in advance. Be pro-active. If you aren’t following a schedule already, it may take some time to get used to it, but you will love the results. You can dedicate some hours to your work, and spend some quality time with your children.
3. Wake up early: Start your day earlier so as to be able to set the tone of your day yourself instead of being rushed by things later. Dozing off for a few more minutes may seem tempting, but you will realise that starting your day without the usual chaos and rush will help you start your day with positive energy.
4. Find friends in your children: If your children are big enough to help you, involve them in your business. Let them earn their allowance by assisting you. Seek from them their opinion about your work. Make them feel important. And no doubt, children are the best teachers. So, you can always learn from them.
5. Take help in your business: Find people who can assist you in your business. Seek help wherever you want. If money is a constraint, you can find a virtual assistant from an authentic online platform.
6. Only take what you can handle: This is very important. When you are starting a new venture, it is natural to get carried away. But it’s no use working at the cost of your health and happiness. Make sure that you take only whatever you can easily handle. Otherwise, your overall performance level will decline. And eventually, there are more chances to burn out and give up.
7. Don’t give up your socialising: Business loneliness is very common in mums in business. So don’t give up your social life. Invite your friends and family over. Don’t have time to cook? Pot-luck to the rescue. Your house isn’t clean, pack the picnic to a beautiful place.
Meet for a coffee, or meet for ice-cream. But keep networking. Grow your mum gang so children can join you in the fun. A playdate for them, a coffee break for you is a win-win.
8. Celebrate yourself: You run your own business, this doesn't mean you should miss celebrating achievements. Celebrate your little achievements like your first order, first bulk order, a happy client, etc.
While taking care of everyone in the family, mums often forget to look after themselves as well. So, this is part of the balance that you so eagerly require. Take care of yourself.
As someone invested in inspiring stay-at-home mums to become mothers in business, I know how daunting it is when you are juggling your work life with your family life. But don't let the little challenges scare you. You are a brave mother who brought those tiny little ones into this world. There is nothing that you cannot do. All you need is to trust yourself and make a workable plan, and I am sure you will be set on your route to success.
Blessings from my side!
We hope you found this Blog useful. Feel free to share/like/comment and follow us on Facebook or Instagram @ inspiringmothersinbusiness
Interested in coming to our next highly experiential training event on 14th & 15th March 2020 - Tickets available on EventBrite: Juggling Motherhood and Business - Create the Life you Desire and Deserve